Appalachian Water, Air and Soil Analysis, Inc.
"From Pollution to Solution" P.O. Box 3364 Cleveland, Georgia 30528 USA 1_706_219_3349
The simplest / easiest way is to call or email us, tell us what you want or what your problem is, and we can tell you what to test for, what you need, and how to get it.
Toll free: 1-866-626-1716 or email email@example.com. This service is FREE!!!
Sampling Instructions for Minerals, Metals, Anions, and Bacterial / Odors-Staining Testing
Sampling Points / Sites and use of bottles:
1. All samples should be taken as is described below and as near the wellhead / springhead as possible or at the "point of use".
2. Proper 500 ml (milliliter) and 1 liter Nalgene water sampling containers are available from our web site on-line. A complete MMA Kit is available.
3. Each test requires 3 sample bottles of 500 ml each, filled to the top, for a total of 1.5 liters.
Labeling (Very Important):
Label the bottles before sampling with the following information:
Date; Site / Location ID where sample will be taken.
And at the time of sampling with: Time sample was taken; Name of person taking sample; Telephone number where sample – taker can be reached.
Please Use a Black or Blue Sharpie and Print clearly. Other inks may wash off or run.
Directions for taking samples:
1. Swab the surface where sampling is to be done.
Alcohol swabs are to be used prior to sampling to clean off spigot or immediate area around sampling point. These swab packets can be obtained at a drug store and can be torn open at one end, and the swab / patch applied directly to the opening where the sample will be taken. Remove aeration screen from water faucets before cleansing.
2. Allow water to run to waste at a moderate rate for 1 to 5 minutes.
Running water for a minute or so after wiping the sampling area down will remove the alcohol disinfectant. (a 5% bleach solution will also work, but we suggest running the water for at least 3 minutes before taking the sample if this method is chosen).
3. Take the sample in midstream while the water continues to run.
Place the open bottle under the running stream of water and allow it to fill completely to overflowing. If you are using an empty distilled water bottle, rinse the bottle at least 3 times using the water you are sampling and empty it completely before adding the sample you intend to send. Each test requires approximately three 1/2 liter bottles of water collected this way. Bacterial testing requires a 4th, smaller (100 ml) bottle. It must be filled to the top but NOT allowed to overflow.
4. Put the cap back on the container before doing anything else. Make sure the cap is properly seated and tightened.
Loss of sample volume in transit will require a repeat of the process and will be the sole responsibility of the shipping party.
5. If chilling is necessary for your sample, immediately place the sample “on ice”, in the provided Styrofoam or collapsible insulated container with the frozen blue ice.
Pack and send.
Ship using 2nd day service, such as FedEx. The shipping address will be:
Attn: Dr. Eberhard Essich
379 Turner Ridge Dr
Cleveland, GA 30528
These Sampling Instructions are for Mineral, Metals, Anion, and Odor-Staining Bacterial Analyses Only. If bacterial / coliform testing is needed, please request sterile containers from us first. Ask for "Coliform Bottles". If VOC or SOC analyses are needed please request VOC/SOC Bottles. These MUST be amber, glass, acid washed, and rinsed multiple times with deionized water.
North Georgia's Only Independent Water Treatment Professionals
Home Products and Services For Homeowners Send Us Your Sample Wells Water_Borne_Diseases Possible_Filtration_Defects Contact Us -Free! Rapid Screen Individual Water Tests Photo Album
Copyright © 2002 Appalachian Water and Soil Analysis, Inc.